could i be pregnant

we ttc for a few months but my husband works long hours so we quit trying as much. anywayyy, last month we didn't actively try (look for ovulation etc.) and today i took 2 test that both immediately turned positive (w-mart early test) so i went to have dr double check b/c i am on meds that would have to be stopped now. their test was negative. i showed her my two and they did read positive so she sent me for blood test. it will be back tomorrow, but waiting is killing me. do you think i got two bum test or theirs could be wrong. btw i used one out of the same box a month ago and it was negative. also i fi am when would that make baby due, may? thanks for any input.

BandME

Asked by BandME at 3:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i vote.. pregnant

lots of false neg tests
    not false positives

congrates!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• there test has to be wrong you could be pregnant again congrad's
    MarissaDavis29

Answer by MarissaDavis29 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Blood tests are more accurate so that's a tough call since you had two positives. Are you sure you read the HPT right? Not trying to be a smart a**.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• wellll.....there are false positives....but to get two is kinda weird....is af late? What made you test? At least she did a blood test though after the pee test. Good luck!!!
    mammaof3girls

Answer by mammaof3girls at 3:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I am not saying you are not pregnant, but those equate walmart tests are crap. I took two last month and they looked like there might be a faint positive line. But alas, I wasn't pregnant and started right on time. Get the kind with the pink lines.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 3:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• thanks ladies:) and i am sure i took it right, i should own stock in pregnancy test, lol. they turned blue right away on the test line, about the same time as the control line. i guess i really have no option but to wait for the blood test to come back tomorrow, but the anticipation is killlliiinnggg me:) i had just googled that some dr's offices buy cheaper urine test that don't read as soon as some of the early test on the market, i am on ly a day away from due period. i have had a few symptoms like i did with my dd so i thought i would check early__>> terrible gas for about 2 weeks, lol.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 3:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• thanks dawpea, maybe i will get a different brand and test again tomorrow morning, i didn't know their test were that bad.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 3:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Good luck! I hope you are. How confusing for you!!! I'd be peeing on every brand possible until I got into the doctor again lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• dawpea...

I took the walmart tests with all three of my ACTUAL pregnancies and they worked just fine for me

a & J momma...

Did you read what she wrote? She hasnt had the blood test result yet! The HPT that she took in the doctors office came back negative, not a blood test
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• thanks ladies turns out i am pregnant, yayyy!
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:18 AM on Aug. 19, 2009