ppd and no support?

I have an 8mth old daughter and since she was a week old, i've been very depressed. I think i have PPD so i've made an appt for next week with my doctor. Its getting to the point now where my MIL and my mom have noticed that i dont want to hold my daughter anymore and that ive been isolating myself. I have no interests anymore and its starting to affect my relationship with my husband and i'm afraid we'll end up ending our marriage if i dont get help...the problem is, my husband doesnt believe theres anything wrong with me, and that i dont need medicine or to see a therapist. (but hes supportive of his friend at work thats on meds and seeing a therapist). Im lost and dont know what to do. I just want my life back. Anyone else not have support and got better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• Definitely go for help!  Yes that stuff does help out and you will get better a lot of times you have to stay on it for about 6 months or so I went through it with both of my kids so hang in there it really gets better for you!  It still takes awhile even after you start taking something but don't get embarrassed it is a natural thing take care of it, do not let it go on.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009