If i decide to throw all my garbage away in my backyard ...

do you think that might have an effect on the environment of my back yard in say ...1yr? ...5yrs? ...15yrs?
What about a quart of oil once a month in my backyard? Might that change the dynamics of things in my backyard?

How could anyone NOT believe in climate change/global warming? The world is our backyard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe in global warming, I just dont believe its as hyped up as people seem to claim. Sorry. :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• eye rollingYou've been drinking too much koolaid honey.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Anon :28. Try a real answer, vs the tired old kool aid argument. Regardless of where you stand on global warming, the OP makes a good point. If you keep putting shit in your backyard, your backyard will eventually not grow your garden, or your pet will ingest something nasty, or your kid will suffer from the fumes that are created by garbage.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 3:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The Earth goes through cycles, granted, our pollution is speeding up it's natural process a bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Oh, yeah, it's so real! Man,the earth has heated up a WHOLE degree! Here's a video that will explain it a whole lot better than I could! Oh, and yeah, I don't believe in all the hype,but the video is VERY GOOD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDSK98Y2FNg

stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• stvmen

OP here. i will watch the video but youtube is not a reliable source. ...and believe it or not, the earth is very sensitive and one whole degree can have a BIG impact. ...what do you think the mini iceage was about? if you dont know about it look it up. there wasnt that big of a difference in temperature then but for some reason it still froze things over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Wow, there are a lot of scientists on CM today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• OP, whatever, and if that's how you feel,you probably won't like the video, just warning you now! Me, I loved it,but that's just me.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• stvmen

I dont "feel" like the mini ice age was caused because of a slight degree change. it's fact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Ok, I want to know right now, how Al Gore slipped past the CM anons,managed to get an acct on here,and is allowed to post anon. on the P&CE section! Al, we all know that's you! LOL.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009