What do I need to do to prepare myself for Kindergarten?

My oldest daughter is going off to Kindergarten next month. Should I be worried about the separation or excited for the extra time for my 1 year old twins?

twin_mommy2009

Asked by twin_mommy2009 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Be happy about it. Once they go to kidergarten and daycare, they get playing with the kids and barely wave goodbye LOL. I think you're more worried than she is. And talk to her about it now, so she's prepared and excited to make new friends. I'm having a baby this month and my 4yr old is starting kindergarten. I think it's perfect timing.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It will be bittersweet. I remember signing my son up for kindy it was so hard cuz i was used to having him around all the time. I missed him so much and waited for him to get home everyday. But now he is going to second grade and i am thankful to have time with my baby daughter and her daddy is especially glad to have some one on one time with her as well. (I work right now he is a stay at home dad) School is so greatfor kids they get friends, learn new things. It will be amazing the things that your child is going to start learning!

So be prepared to be sad about it at first but dont worry about her she will only be uncomfortable the first couple of days til she meets a couple of friends then she will be happy about going!
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 11:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Be happy! This is a new and exciting beginning in her life! If she has a tough time at the beginning, remember all the other things she had to learn and adjustments she had to make just to get to this time. She survived just fine!
    Remember too, you had some time alone with her before the twins were born and now you get have that time with them. My sons are 3 years apart and when the oldest started school, I made the most of the one on one time I got to spend with my youngest.
    Everything will work out just fine!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009