i am worried about my daughters nose please help

my daughter has dried blood in each nostril and she is sounding really stuffy. i tried to clean it out with water and a tissue but it made it bleed like i broke the skin. she sometimes complins she has burgers in her nose and picks it but i am really worried any suggestions would be great and any ideas what could be causing this??

babykins362003

Asked by babykins362003 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe she has allergies. Maybe her nose is dry. Maybe she picks it too much. Try using saline spray in her nose and see if that helps. Make her an appt to be seen to see if she has allergies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• id take her to the doc. my little sister used to get like that and when she would sleep it would drain down her throat and she would throw up blood. she had to have her no cartarized to stop it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• she could just be picking her nose and making it bleed. Or it could just be dry in the air which causes bloody noses. Try using a humidifier in her room at night. Don't put it too close to her bed though as it could cause pneumonia.
    Jesusfanatic

Answer by Jesusfanatic at 3:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Have her see an ENT doctor...He could freeze the part that is causing it to bleed like the bone area she could be picking her nose too often and causing the inside of her nose to dry up and when she goes back to picking it breaks the scab and starts to bleed again I don't think it has anything to do with her deep insides of her nose. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• She also could have a sinus infection. I spent my entire childhood with a sinus infection, it would clear up and then become infected again like a week later. When I was 12 I had surgery to correct the sinus problem I had but before that the infections would cause nose bleeds and stuffiness, as well as pain in my upper cheeks and around my eyes. She very well could have allergies too, my son gets nose bleeds from that, or it could just be cry air depending where you live. Try the humidifier idea for 3-5 days if nothing is better take her to her pediatrician. If its sinus they'll treat her with some antibiotics and you'll be on your way if its allergies they'll refer you to an allergist. Just try the humidifier first since thats what most doctors will recommend for a nose bleed anyways.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Hi. I forget where you live right now and I'm sorry. But here's the thing...when my kids and I moved out to the desert, my oldest son had that problem but there was blood coming from his tear ducts. I took him to the emergency room at the local Children's hospital and the doctor told me that it was the extreme dryness of the weather. You have to keep a humidifier going in her room. Don't try too much to pick her nose out because like you see it might cause it to bleed again and you have to put vaseline around her nostrils to keep it moist. Give your pediatrician a call and double check. Hope this helps.
    Huntermaiden

Answer by Huntermaiden at 9:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• try putting some vaseline in her nostrils at nite to keep it moist and put a humidifier in her room. it may be getting too dry when sleeping. also get her checked for a sinus infection. i get bloody noses at nite when i start to have yet another sinus infection.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009