My daughter won't drink milk.

My daughter is 15 months old and she wont drink cow's milk. My WIC nurse said to do half formula and half milk and slowly get her used to drinking it. And that really worked. So now that I have switch to just milk she take a few sips and throws it down and she wont take it in a sippy either. I have also tried to flavor it but still wont take it. And all the milk she gets is breastmilk which she only get at bedtime. I could put her back on the half formula and half milk but i dont want her to drink it like that till she is like 2. And im worried she's not getting enough nutrition. So is there anything i can do that might help?

karidee52008

Asked by karidee52008 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put a little chocolate or strawberry syrup in it. My daughter didn't like milk either, and now she drinks it with no prolem....just a little syrup for flavor.
    1babygirl676

Answer by 1babygirl676 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I tryed to flavor it but still has no intrest,
    karidee52008

Answer by karidee52008 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• it may be hurting her tummy but she is too young to tell you that. Formula is fine! They even make toddler formula. Breastmilk is even better because it is WHOLE milk. Another thing you could try is goats milk(it is more easily digested than cows milk)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Try every day to do a little less formula. The fact is that she might like the taste of the formula better. Well, then just lessen it a little every day. Eventually she will be happier with the milk.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 3:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yeah start half and half milk and formula. After she does good for 3-5 days of drinking very well, then do 1/4th formula and 3/4 milk and see if she takes that, after she is doing it for almost 2 weeks try milk by itself. Slowly work up to it and be patient! She will not starve, and she will draw her nutrients from other sources like her fruits and veggies...try giving her yogurt and cottage cheese to supplement the dairy!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Clearly she's a smart kid and realizes that she's not a baby cow and therefore shouldn't be drinking cows milk.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My son didn't like cows milk either. It took like a month in a half for him to start drinking it. Start out with 1 oz. in a sippy cup and the rest water. Then the next week 2 oz. of milk and the rest water water and so on. As long as she is eating a balanced diet with solids she is getting the nutrition she needs. I cooked with whole milk to make up for what my son wasn't drinking. Cook oatmeal with milk, cheerios with milk, add milk to solids to smooth it down a little. Feed her yogurt and cheese toast etc. You can also give a supplement of calcium and vitamin D. I buy the fruity gummy ones but you'll have to wait for those until she has most of her teeth.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 1:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009