what do I need to do to prepare?

so I'm 36wks pregnant with my first, what do I need to do to prepare for my baby? My husband and I set up the crib, swing,bouncer,and bassinet. I've washed and re-washed her clothes with a baby safe laundry detergent, and hung them up in her closet. I've cleaned, re-cleaned, and cleaned again the whole house. dusted, and even cleaned the head boards. I just would like to know what else can I do to prepare

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you have your bag ready for the hospital?
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 3:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Start baby proofing before its to late. Like putting covers on the outlets and stuff like that cause when your baby gets to age of gettin curious your not going to have a whole lot of time to do it. Trust me thats what happend to me i wished i would of done it before i had my daughter. Also make sure you carseat is ready to go before the baby is here. Cause if not your hubby might spend alot of time figuring out how to put it in at the hospital.
    karidee52008

Answer by karidee52008 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yep..I did that when I was 30wks..and I even made one for my husband..
    I just feel like I'm forgetting to do something b4 she comes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• SLEEP. Because once baby arrives you won't get to.

Let's see...you don't mention the car seat...that's more important than all the rest of the stuff because you can't take baby home without it.

And then SLEEP.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Do you have all the necessities at home, in case you need them? I suggest mylecon drops, gripe water, tylenol, a first aid kit, bottles (even if you're planning on breast feeding...you could get desperate), etc.? Other than that, if you're bag is packed and your carseat is installed, then you're good to go. Oh, have you pre-registered with the hospital you're delivering at? Most hopsitals ask that you pre-register...plus it makes it sooooo much easier when you get there - all the forms are already filled out (usually you can do it online) and all they ask you to do is sign them when you get there. It takes the pressure off you and dad. Good Luck and Congrats!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yea I my husband did the carseat....we even went to the fire department to make sure it was in right.
    I guess I'll try sleeping
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yea I went shopping last week for the 5th time, making sure I didn't forget anything,and I even got stuff the I don't need until she's much older
    lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sleep. Whatever you like to do for leisure activities (reading, etc), enjoy it now. Cook and freeze meals to reheat after you have the baby. We plan to fill our freezer with stews, pizzas, casseroles, etc in the last couple weeks of this pregnancy so DH doesn't have to do all the cooking afterwards.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would suggest the food thing too...stock up. Also have you written your birth plan?
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• you are already doing good hon :) just try not too stress too much. could you maybe have a neighbor help you cook meals for the first few weeks? like maybe casseroles that you can freeze? you will be really tired. make sure all the bottles are washed (if you are not breastfeeding. and even if you are breastfeeding, if you are pumping as well). have burp rags ready. baby needs to wear a hat and socks, head and feet are where they lose the most heat from. have lots of newborn diapers ready!!!
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 4:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009