Would you judge a couple who are just TTC their second child and end up getting pregnant with quadruplets?

Lets put aside octomom and the Gosselins lol. It has and could happen to anyone. If a couple are ttc their second child. They can afford 2 kids but not more than that. They end up pregnant with 4. Natural, no fertility treatments. Would you judge them for going on Public Assistance. How were they to know they would end up with 4?

If this were you, what would you do? If you knew someone in this situation, would you judge or its understandable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't judge people on public assistance in the first place because I don't know their circumstances. With a couple like you mention, yes I would judge them, I would make the judgment that they were good, responsible parents for taking care of their children the best they could and recognizing that they needed a little assistance at least for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No I would not judge them...I would pray for them and see what I could do to help, because anyone having babies...one or four...still needs help. I would not think anything less of them at all.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No, I wouldn't judge them. That's what government assistance SHOULD be for - the unexpected things life throws at you.

What annoys me is when someone is already barely making it, or already on welfare, and they continue to have kids. Then the government needs to back off and not fund their lazy butts.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• As long as they conceived naturally. No drugs. I would not judge.

Answer by louise2 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• how could anyone judge if it was "natural, no fertility treatments"???? I know a family that decided to have a 3rd child. No history of twins. They ened up w/ natural triplets!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would not judge. There is a difference between purposefully implanting more than one embryo, even though you can only afford one and "know" you will more than likely end up with a multiple pregnancy versus naturally getting pregnant with 4 babies. It is like premeditated murder versus accidental homicide. one involves planning, the other doesn't.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• OP here-I totally agree with you'll.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• *you all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would judge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't judge them. Who am I to judge another person for personal decisions that don't affect me?
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009