What happens if you skip a day?

I am taking 75mg of Zoloft and sometimes I forget to take it like I skip a day I know I should take it as soon as I remember but I'd rather not bother and just start over the next day. I do this once in awhile..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• i used to take it. but a few hours after i forgot a pill i would totally notice. my brain would get all wacky. i quickly stopped forgetting! if you want your depression/anxiety to be treated as best as it can then you should try to just make it part of your morning routine.
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 5:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You need to implement it into your daily routine like emilsmama mentioned above. Take it at the same time every day, like when you are brushing your teeth, take it then. Once it becomes part of your daily routine (like brushing your teeth) you wont be as apt to skip it. Skipping your meds make them less effective. Forgetting a day, once every 6 months is one thing, but skipping a day here and there is another. You are only doing yourself a disservice.
    Put it by your toothbrush and take it before you brush your teeth.. See if that helps.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 6:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If it is like any other SSRI, the level in your blood can drop and you can start feeling weird. Very weird. I had that happen both with Paxil and Effexor.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009