Poo on the Potty

My 21 month old son told me POOP and I have this potty that he's been semi interested in but not really - well I said, DO YOU WANT TO GO ON THE POTTY? And he took me by the hand and i put him on the big potty where we have his little potty seat and he pushed out a poop - well we flushed it down together and I ran outside with him in my arms and told his daddy and his grandma and we were so excited and then the rest of the day when he had to go I'd ask him and he'd say NO..... all scared like.. did I make TOO big of a deal about it?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• you might have. I know that my son LOVES the big production when he goes poo, but some children dont like to make a big deal out of it. I also give my son two MnM's for poo, and one for pee. Try taking the seat off the potty. My son wont go if his potty seat is on the toilet.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• He's still a little young and probably experimating with it. Don't push him, but continue to offer. I don't imagine it was too big a deal. Kids usually love that stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• At his age, make a big deal when he does it (as in congratulate him, tell him good job even jump up and down) but I wouldn't take it overboard just yet, you probably freaked him out and made him scared of doing it again.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009