1st bday ideas?

What are some things I can do to keep the party entertaining? Any games (not too embarrassing)? or other ideas?

Background:

I am 21 but have invited people from all age groups... but not so many kids. Maybe ten young kids, at the very most. I have invited about 90 people but I am very doubtful that all will show up. I'm getting a taco bar (if it's not too pricy) and will be having it at my house. I have a HUGE backyard. I'm not having any trouble with decorations but I don't know what I should do to keep the party entertaining...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lentil tacos are very inexpensive: LENTIL TACOS
    Ingredients
    1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
    8 ounce can tomato sauce (or home made)
    corn tortillas (for fun, use a mix of white, yellow and blue)
    1 packet dry taco seasoning mix (or make your own with the recipe below)
    handful of textured soy protein, optional (I leave this out)
    lettuce (shredded)
    cucumber (seeded, peeled, sliced)
    tomatoes (chopped)
    lemon or lime wedges (optional)
    Directions
    Cover the lentils with water in a large saucepan. They expand tremendously so use a large pot. Add tomato sauce, textured soy protein, and taco seasoning. Bring to high heat until boiling. Simmer at low heat until the mixture thickens. Add more water if necessary
    and stir often so that the bottom does not burn. This process will take about an hour. You want to cook it until it's about the consistency of cooked oatmeal.

cont;.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• burn. This process will take about an hour. You want to cook it until it's about the consistency of cooked oatmeal. Taste the mixture and add more seasonings if necessary. Add more textured soy protein if you want more texture and continue to heat until the textured soy protein is fully hydrated. In the meantime, heat the corn tortillas in the oven, directly on the oven rack for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
    Assemble the tacos as desired. Squeeze the lemon wedges over the tacos... yum!!
    This recipes makes a large quantity and is very flexible with the garnishes. Experiment by adding chopped avocado, cilantro, onion, etc. I prefer these without salsa since the taco filling has so much flavor on its own. Enjoy!!
    Taco Seasoning:
    4.5 tsp. paprika;
    1 tsp. cumin powder;
    0.5 tsp. oregano;
    1 tsp. chili powder;
    1 tsp. onion powder;
    0.25 tsp. lemon powder (optional, I've never used it);
    1 tsp. salt;

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 4:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 1 tsp. sugar;
    0.5 tsp. garlic powder;
    1 tsp. flour;
    0.5 tsp. cocoa powder
    Mix all together and store in airtight container. Makes approx. 4 tablespoonful - the equivalent of 1 package of seasoning (enough to season 1 pound of meat or a substitute). This mix is very mild, I add cayenne.

• join a 1st birthday group-they are amzing if people come on it regularly or you can look through old posts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009