What other medicine can I take for urinary tract infection and why is this one stopping my appetite,good news for the rest of you!

I'm supposed to take 500 mg. of Levaquin for 5 days and last night was my first dose,with shortness of breath,dizziness and slight stomach ache.This morning and afternoon I had no desire for food and I have to eat,6 mini meals a day for my Hypoglycemia.I have just eaten my first meal today at 1;33p.m. and afterwards I felt a fullness in my stomach something like a weight loss drug would do to you and a sickening feeling if I attempt to eat more.I can't use Penecillin,so what else is out there to treat this?I was peeing alot before the drug and now I'm not after one dose.I took the drug about 15 hours ago and I'm still feeling the affects of it and it will be stronger when I keep taking it.I'm scared because I have to eat, and if I eat too little I may not be able to tollerate the medicine or be able to function normally.But it's good to know that after one dose I have stopped peeing and I used to pee all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• Ask your doctor for Flagyl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Ask your doctor for something else. There are several drugs that can help, if I remember correctly. You need to watch your meal intake for your other condition. I hope that you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 4:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I doubt that it's curing my urinary tract infection so fast,that's one of the side effects,unable to pee and I might not be able to as the treatment goes on,maybe it starts out like this.First I know I have to pee,but I have a stomach ache,but it doesn't signal to my brain to want to pee,it's only when I absolutely have to go.Before treatment I timed how many times I had to pee and now the time has gotten slower,almost 1 time a hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• what about treating it naturally? i get them a lot and take cranberry pills they work wonders
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Also I found out I had a urinary tract infection from getting a urine pregnancy test at my doctor.They found blood and something else floating in my urine.I've been told I've faintly recall years back that I had one or two but never did anything about it because I didn't have health insurance.I did have a spot bleed a couple days before the test,which could of caused the blood in the urine but also I pee so much all the time is another reason to take care of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• D-Mannose and Cranberry pills work really good for one I know I have a success with it.

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 5:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• For a UTI, Ive always taken Cipro.. With your Hypoglycemia, your doctor needs to monitor closely what he precribes to you. You do need to eat something small, hungry or not though.
    I would highly suggest calling for a new med though based on your reactions to the Levaquin though. There should be something else you can take easier on you than that one.
    Are you drinking plenty of fluids to keep your system flushed out?

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 6:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2009