How long after?

How long after giving birth and adjusting to being a new parent did you return to work?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 4:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol i just asked the same question =)
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• oh, haha, really? oops..
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 4:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• everyone is different. i think most places give you about 6 weeks off?
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 4:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree with Jenn, that everyone is different, as well as every pregnancy. State law requires that they hold your position up to three months.
    When my first was born, I took the whole three months, my second, I only took about a month, my third on the other hand, I didn't work for an entire year (moved and "couldn't" afford to work do to daycare costs), and now I am pregnant with our fourth and I don't think I will return to work because I miss being the stay at home mom and not having to split my attention and always waiting for the call to come in early...
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• mammacj...

state law much differ from state to state becuase I know in Cali the 12 weeks for holding a position has to do with anything pregnancy related, so... if you go out on maternity leave (lets say) 3 weeks before the baby is born, then that would only leave 9 weeks after.

As for the answer to your question... I went back when my son was 4 months old and then went back when my daughter was 10 weeks old (same job) I was very overwhelmed with her and it was very hard and I felt that is was the best thing for all of us if I went back to work.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• *state law MUST differ
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009