Please Help

I have to wean my daughter. I have a really bad back, and it is getting worse. She is getting too big for me. I have a really small frame and she is just getting real big. It hurts when I hold her, I have tried pillows, the boppy pillow, different positions, not to mention that feeding her laying down is one of the most painful positions ever for me. It just hurts. And she wants to nurse for hours straight at night. She is 13 months, and I know that someone is going to tell me that it is too soon to quit, but I have to take care of her mother too. that is important also. So now that I have explained why, I need some help on how to do it. I have tried stopping one feeding at a time, and beside that taking too long, it is not really working, because that is when she decided to take over at night. I need to just stop. It is breaking my heart... how do I help her?

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you breast feed start pumping your milk or changing to milk. Take care of yourself to!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• you can't help her. I just stoped 5 months ago. Cold turkey is the only way really. I switched to a bottle to help her adjust to mommies "rejection". You won't be able to sleep the first night, she won't want the bottle (unless she uses one already) After the third night she should be fine. She will still want boob when she sees you with out clothes though...she be ready to say no and hear her cry...but only for a minute
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 4:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 13 months a bottle? Are you kidding get her a cup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• She does take a cup.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I went through this same thing with my daughter. Well, not because of my back but because I had a staph infection and I didn't want to risk spreading it. The only thing that kept my anger at bay was reminding myself that it was for the best for her. Think about it, your daughter won't care what's in her bottle but she will care if your not feeling well enough to play with her. Hope it helps.
    JenniP0708270

Answer by JenniP0708270 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009