Help is this postpartum what i have?

Help is this postpartum what i have?
i had my little girl on july 30th c-section. and i have been feeling not myself lately. i do everything im suppose to as far as cleaning taking good care of my newborn and one year old and being a good wife. but i just don't feel myself at all. i feel disconnected with my self not focused not wanting to talk to anyone. Like yesterday we went to my husbands family house for dinner and i felt so not focused everything they were telling me was going in one ear and right out the other. I think they noticed but didn't say anything to me. I started to really start tripping so i went to my husbands cousins room with my kids and started to cry for like an hour in a half. is this postpartum or depression?
or can it just be im so overwhelmed with everything that i have been doing?
what can i do to fight it without taking any medication??
and how long dose postpartum last?

luvmylilgirls20

Asked by luvmylilgirls20 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your hormones are still out of whack. Just like they were when you were pregnant, the smallest things can make you cry. It's probably just a mixture of your hormones and you being overwhelmed. Doesn't really sound like post-partum depression to me (YET!) if it gets any worse i'd bring it up to your doctor but just from what you said sounds fairly normal.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If you really think it might be go see your doctor! Something as simple as bc can help balance out those hormones again. I just recently went through the same thing. Hang in there!
    jmws2005

Answer by jmws2005 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009