Can you give me some advice what to do when my nipples are sore?

about pregnancy

Vonchella

Asked by Vonchella at 5:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well theres not much you can do .. you can put warm rags on them but really nothing is going to help it's just a part of pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't know if there is anything you can do but rub them. and make sure to turn to your side when reaching for something on the counter. I hurt myself 10 times a day with that
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 5:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sore nipples as in? You have had the baby and they are sore from breast feeding? Or they are sore like it's always really cold out (even when it is 100 degrees), and causing you to constantly nip?
    Breast feeding: there is a cream (can't think of the name right now), use after every feeding to keep your nipples moist.
    Just sore all the time: can't really help there, but I make sure that I wear bras that hold them a little tighter, and if the start nipping and become sensitive and sore...I press on them kind of like I'm hiding them, but it makes them feel better. Sorry if this doesn't really help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• utter is a good cream
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 5:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Buy a sleep bra. It made a big difference in how sore mine got at night. Mine were insanely sensitive. I was worried I wouldn't be able to breastfeed because of it, but it's amazing how it all works out.
    DO NOT RUB THEM!!!!!! You will wipe away the natural oils that keep them from cracking!! Your nipples develop what are called Montgomery glands around your areolas to keep your nipples healthy during pregnancy and while nursing a baby. DO NOT try to rough them up!!
    Also, if your hubby is like mine, and likes to play with them, have a conversation and get some compassion. Be honest, and break it down for him. I finally had to scream at my husband to get him to understand how uncomfortable I was, but I got through to him. He still gets frustrated, but he survives.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2009