What would your reaction be towards a friend who has been showering at other peoples houses for four months because they didn't pay the water bill?

I'm trying to understand....I'm just concerned because of her little boy. She has a $400,000 home with no power or water for the last four months but she still gets her hair and nails done and goes out every weekend. Her family showers at the gym or at friends houses. She is always asking me for all kinds of help, and it's embarrassing when she meets my friends and tells them her whole situation.My logic is questioning this. Am I being too judgmental, or am I right on the $$$ with my feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow.... that's nuts. No power OR water??? I think you are right on the $$. I don't think it's judgmental to see there's something wrong with the situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You are right on the money! This is sad her priorities are all screwed up. She needs someone to talk to her hopefully one of her friends will care enough to do it. Even with the risk of losing a friend.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 5:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You are dead on correct.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Nope I would feel the same as you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Id be pissed, AND call CPS. no kid deserves to deal with that kinda crap. shes obviously not up to making the change, it has moved beyond a temporary thing!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Wow, she is really messed up in the head.
    If she can't provide the basics for her child without placing her 'wants' behind their 'needs' then her child should be in a better home until she can get her act together.
    It takes some people a wake up call to finally snap out of their bubble and see the reality around them.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Wow, wow, wow.

First of all, she needs to sell the house if she can't afford electricity and water. $400,000 would pay a few YEARS worth of rent AND utilities, plus food if she budgeted!

I'd definitely call CPS. Is it hot where ya'll live?? How does she do dishes? Or cook? You really really should call CPS on her.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I can't believe this. You have to exaggerating. Go find a hobby, drama mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No, this is no joke>Sorry you are too sheltered to see that there are some truly messed up people. I know because I'm the one doing her hair so she tells me all kinds of stuff. I've been to her house. Next time you have a legit question we'll tell you you are making it up. Wow, you are about as stupid as the person I'm talking about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009