How can I not be angry all the time?

I'm angry all the time at every body, my husband, kids, family members and myself. I take a antidepression med but, it just doesn't seem to help. My kids are always making messes and even they are old enough to pick up. I feel like I have threaten them in order to get things done ie-pick up your dishes,don't through your clothes on the floor. My husband is the greatest but, he is always ( why isn't the house clean, why aren't the clothes done). They are washed but, not folded and put away. I feel bad all the time I don't sleep and I don't eat right. I never have any energy at all. When I do have time at home by myself all I want to do is sleep. I don't like telling my husband this because it'll just make him feel like he is not doing enough. He works 2 jobs so I feel bad if I say anything. I just want to feel better and have energy. I thought about seeing a shrink but, when would I have the time. So please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• Maybe a different med would help. Talk with your doctor again.

Answer by Bmat at 5:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have gotten like that. I'm like that today. I just get frustrated. Sometimes there are underlying issues to our anger, deep ones. I have done a lot of years of searching to realize why I feel the way I feel. Try looking back to a time when you were a child and had the same type of feelings, try to recall what was happening and why. A lot of our unexplained behaviors followed us from childhood and they are so automatic that we don't realize it. In fact it's the last thing I thought it would be, but it was it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Go see your doc. If the med isn't helping, then you shouldn't be taking that one.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You know what you are not alone!  I know I seem to get to feel that way as well I felt like you were writing about me.  One thing I am really starting to notice about myself it starts about a week before my period.  And then I am fine after that it seems like.  So take a look at that Don't know what you can do though just something I am starting to notice. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well you should get your thyroid checked if you haven't yet. You are just like me, and your man is just like mine. There isn't anything you can do but breathe. tell your kids to clean or go outside. Turn the tv off so they don't have anything better to do. Listen to music to get your mind off of what is upsetting you, or sing. I talk to God when I feel like I'm about to rip my kids head off. YOU have to find something that works for you...things aren't going to change if you go crazy, and if they do...it wouldn't last long.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 5:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Taking these meds without therapy is like taking painkillers for a broken leg without getting a cast.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Honey, its okay. This is all a part of life. There is nothing wrong with you!! Have you ever heard of stuck in a rut??? Well, I have older kids now...but everyone one of us has been there and still is there....But you must get yourself out of this!! There is some stuff you can do. You dont have to take meds!! Theres food out there that can simply help you...and its safer for your body!! The one thing I know is safe is that St. Johns Wart. mood enhancer. its a natural herb. but, you must relax and gather your thoughts. Now, if you are interested and I will get a list of stuff together for you. And in the meantime, dont worry yourself over spilled milk..( smiiling) When its all said and done you will look back at this moment and really wish you had it back. enjoy your little ones...and so what if the housework isnt done???? theres always tomorrow!! LIVE, LAUGH, AND LOVE!! And go make some friends cause you need all the support
    brandoneaglemom

Answer by brandoneaglemom at 11:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009