PA and Health care

I have seen a lot of post about PA and new health care on here in the last few weeks. I can't belive some people , there are a lot of people who need PA and health care! Im not talking about lazy people or people that abuse it, I'm talking about hard working people that just need help. This I don't care about anyone but my own is what is wrong with this country. I thought we were supposed to love are neighbor and help those who have less the we do. Does anyone else feel this way!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• MEME ME.... my SO is a small business owner... we barley qualify for medical for the kids.. and yes we get food stamps. not for ling but still... IF i were to get a job it would take us out of the medical and FS,, but i would just make enough to cover daycare and the extra gas/insurance on cars/payment... so we would not have any money for food and our children would not get medical...

is this a permanent for us hell no... we've been on for 18 months, we Had insurance when i got preg and was dropped because i didnt have maternity coverage... things happen in life. the economy sucks ass right now.... if you dont need PA good for you.. but many ppl do. many ppl youd never suspect have some sort of PA
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That's exactly how I feel. I think it is pathetic that people blame people on PA for everything. They don't realize that we all in some form, receive PA... we have access to public schools, public libraries, parks, firefighters and police, etc. The list goes on and on.

They don't realize that most people who receive foodstamps or medicaid, actually WORK, they just can't make ends meet.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I think that what gets lost in this type of communication is the tone and body language. I get frustrated everytime a new program is introduced. How do I care for my family and everyone else's too? It isn't always disgust. It is often worry. I don't need any more taxes being taken out. I have a family to care for that is just as important as any other in this country. Those of us who aren't on PA feel we are having to work twice as hard to stay off of PA while others appear to not be as dedicated. Like I said, in this form of communication, it is hard to translate tone!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• jess... the taxes would be the same wither way even if ther was no PA.. you would just be paying for new paved roads or a new government building in your state... feel proud that you are helping many other families that need it!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 2cute: I didn't say that was MY opinion. I reread and see how it could be interpreted that way. I saw her post as "pose and argument" so I did. Though, I don't think the taxes would be the same. Historically, as we shrunk the PA rolls, tax cuts came. Taxes wax and wan with the number of entitlement programs. We still have the issue of providing for "me and mine" and "you and yours' too. It also wasn't putting down. The argument has to be seen from both sides as the reciptient and the payer.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• OP, you must need a pair of reading glasses. We care enormously. We understand that there are people in genuine need. That is what these programs were designed for.

I supported limited PA. Public assistance is NOT schools, roads, police and such! Public assistance literally means YOU ARE BEING ASSISTED BY THE PUBLIC. That isn't the case for the services listed above. These are the things taxes were designed to cover. They are services that benefit all and should be paid for by all.

Many people would not find themselves depending on the hard earned money of others if they exercised some responsibility. I know the economy is a mess right now and unemployment is high, this is when the PA safety net is supposed to kick in.

If PA vanished I am willing to bet we would be shocked at the number of people that DIDN'T starve or become homeless.

Bash me if you wish, but DH and I work hard. We will never need PA.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree with what Cavalrybaby02 said.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• They don't realize that most people who receive foodstamps or medicaid, actually WORK, they just can't make ends meet.

____________________________________________________________________________

People wouldn't have this problem if they didn't try to make a minimum wage job a family wage job. Minimum wage jobs are meant to be starter jobs, not lifetime jobs.

You can save a bundle on childcare when you work separate shifts too. Bonus, your kids spend their time with a parent!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The issue I have is a lot of people need to be more responsible with their life. Someone may in fact work very hard, I think a lot of working poor do work physically hard but working smart is the most important thing. Life is filled with choices and at some point people should realize that being self-sufficient is their own responsibility. It's not other peoples job to care for those simply because they make less money. That person who makes less picked the job because that is the skills they have at the time. No one picked the job for them either so they do need to figure out how to make more and live on less until they make more. I feel more tough love is needed to help people loose the dependency they feel they need.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I hate to add this as point to what sylvian said (not trying to slam) but this world needs people the check up out at the store, pick up are trash, drive are taxi ect... so they are just as important as are CEOs and other high paying jobs , also i hate to say it but it is true some people just are not very smart. It's not there fault they were just born that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009