Charley Horse =/

Yesterday after work I took a nap and woke up with a leg cramp and it was soooo painful I have gotten them a lot before but never this bad. Ususally i just pull my toes forward and it would go away but not this time.. I got it both legs and it still hurts now.. And I can't walk normal cause it's so painful. What can i do to make it go away and has anyone else had it last this long?

Mandy211

Asked by Mandy211 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes i have andmy doc said its normal and the pain will go away on its own...he said drink plenty of water and to stretch before i go to bed
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My mommy told me to eat bananas. She said it was lack of potacium.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 5:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It is called RLS, Restless Leg Syndrome. What to expect when you are expecting says experts are not sure how to treat it, it is not a leg cramp and rubbing will probably not make it go away. You can use a heating pad and massages to make it feel a little better. It may be caused by an iron deficiency. I had them when I was pregnant and my obgyn suggested treating it the same way you treat a leg cramp but there is no certain way of preventing it. It may be genetic trait.
    jagrus

Answer by jagrus at 5:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• stand in cold water or a cold tiled floor
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I've had them too lately, during this pregnancy and it will be like in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping and I'll wake up with my calf cramped up. I just pull my foot up to try to help force the muscle to relax by contracting the opposite muscle. but the last time it happened a few days ago, I couldn't even do that cause it was so cramped and then it hurt to walk that whole morning after if finally stopped. I just tried to massage it later but I don't know what else to do either.
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 5:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well usually lack of water and potasium cause this, so eat bannanas and drink plenty of water!!

mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 5:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• When you have a cramp point your foot up and down up and down it may be difficult at first but once you do it the pain goes away immediately i'm 7 months prego and i get them allot this is a lifesaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    zoeilyy

Answer by zoeilyy at 6:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009