What charities do you give to or would like to give to?

Draydensmom7708

Asked by Draydensmom7708 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would like to donate to the St. Jude's hospital for children with cancer. I always think to myself that when I win the lottery (fingers crossed!) I will give money to that charity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't have money to donate right now, but if I did, I would donate to Doctors Without Borders or Malaria No More, and Community Health Charities (It supports research on MANY different illnesses and diseases). My younger cousin has Cystic Fibrosis. In the 21 years that he has suffered from this disease, there have been very little advancements in the treatment. They have managed to extend the life expectancy from about 27 to about 31. That's in the past 10 years of research. So much more needs to be done.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• St. Jude's, March of Dimes, Salvation Army, AmVets, and whatever else we can donate to when we have extra cash at the checkouts in stores.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I give to the Negro College Fund, and St. Jude for Children, I also personally make at least 15 food baskets with turkey and all the trimmings for families who are down at Christmas. I have been doing this for 18 years. To those who say,they can't give,always remember,there is always someone worse than you,someone would love to change places with you,just look behind you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have donated time and/or money or material goods to:

Habitat For Humanity
    homeless shelters
    no-kill animal shelters
    The Humane Society of the United States
    Injured Marines Semper Fi Fund
    American Cancer Society
    WriteGirl
    UNICEF
    Shriners Hospital
    St. Jude's Hospital

Sometimes, I cannot donate money. I have donated my time instead or donated items from my home to be sold in fundraising auctions. If there's a will, there's a way. And sometimes, the act of doing for others lifts your spirits when your own times are hard.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I regularly donate to the VFW and Paralyzed Veterans of America.

I also am sponsoring a child in Africa, through Children's International.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Anon 640, I admire you.
    Fallaya