Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i slipped and fell at work

last night at work i slipped and fell on the freshly mopped floor as i was running to help a nursing home resident who was about to rip her tube feed out of her body. she does this all the time. well, i slid and fell on my ass. i even knocked over the tower that was holding all of her fluids. she was fine, thankfully. i stood up and shook it off like it was nothing. i filled out an incident report just incase, never intending to ever use it to see a doctor. off today and my whole left side from face to ankle is really sore. i have a terrible headache and feel a bit out of sorts. my shin and ankle is black and blue. my neck muscle hurts terribly. behind my eyes hurts. i dont want to go to the doctor because i am not seriously injured. but would you go if you had these symptoms? is it possible i have whiplash? i did not hit my head.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

Answers (4)
  • Yes, you should go to cover yourself. If you go within 24 hours sometimes insurance will cover at at higher rate, but don't quote me on that since I don't know which do or how much. Good luck!

    Answer by Bmat at 5:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • You should go to the doctor. If they didn't have signs posted that there was a wet floor they could be in really big trouble. Like huge trouble. And I am sure your employer wants you to go to the doctor to be sure you are ok, because if you're not you could sue them later, and then they would be S.O.L because they are liable.

    Answer by Tiera12 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • I'd go to the dr. Contact your employer, they may have a clinic/dr that covers workplace injuries, and then it will not cost you or your insurance a thing. But even if it does, I'd see the dr. If you have any injuries at all, it's better to get them treated than to hope for the best.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 7:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • go to the dr now while you can still be covered by workmans comp

    Answer by katiekruschke at 7:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
birth control advice???