Spin-off of Bible question/How many holy books do you have?

Just curious about what other holy books, besides the Bible, that some of you may have. We have a copy of the Quran that my husband got in Egypt years ago...it was given to him as a gift. Plus, I have the Holy Book of Women's Mysteries, a set of Catholic Liturgy of the Hours along with several Bibles. Some day I'd love to have a copy of the Bhagavad Gita.

I'll be interested in hearing your replies, but please let's not turn this into a debate.

AnamCara1

Asked by AnamCara1 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't have any. The closest thing to a religious book in my house is a library book called God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything. I'm almost done with it, I'll be returning it soon. Like I said in the other post, I might collect some holy books one day. Should be interesting.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i have 4 Bibles

one is my families Bible

the other is a Bible that was given as a wedding present

one is my husband's grandfather's

and one is the one i gave my husband on our anniversary

rose549

Answer by rose549 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 5 bibles or more if you count my kids,i got a few holy books like the power of a praying wife and rapture ect................. i dont keep count really
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have four Bibles 3 King James and one New Living and 2 copies of the Torah. I would like to have a copy of the Quarn and the Bhagavad Gita.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have 8 Bibles, the Quran and the Gita. I also have the Apocrypha and some of the Pseudopigrapha. I have some of the Upanishads too somewhere. We had great Lit classes in my HS and read a lot of great books from that :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have a Bible and the other scriptures LDS people use.

So thats the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price.

I have other books that talk about Wicca and Witchcraft and such but they arent holy books. Im hoping to get some Hindu books one day.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We have at least 5 Bibles (two of them are Bibles that belonged to family - one was my great grandmothers and the other is DH's great grandmother's, and then I have two others I prefer adn DH has one he picked out), not counting the New Testaments (we have about 4 or 5 of those), and the baby Bible James was given when he was born,
    We also have:
    Two Qurans (my brother has my third copy, its got the Arabic and English in it)
    One Gita
    One Tao Te Ching
    A copy of the Analects
    A copy of the Book of Mormon
    and many texts on world religions in general, several on specific religions, and a bunch of Christian specific texts.
    As I said in the other question, when you mix a bibliophile with a passion for religion, you end up with a religious library, lol, and its still growing.
    =D
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Two bibles, both KJV. One belonged to my dad and he took it with him to the vietnam war when he was 16. The other was a gift given to me. The bible is the only holy book imo.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 6:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have countless bibles in many different versions including a Catholic translation.

2 translations of the Tao Te Ching

some Buddhist writings I have a Talmud, but it isn't complete

I had a book on Wicca, but I'm not sure if I have it anymore

I have the Quran, but it's on the computer

Aeterna

Answer by Aeterna at 6:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We only have the Bible in our home now. We used to have a qu'ran only so we could see for ourselves what it really said. After we saw all the doctrinal errors we got rid of it. We don't consider any books other than the Bible "holy."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009