what is it when thier a sack for a baby but no baby is thier any way the ultersound can miss the baby or what.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• bout 9 to 10 weeks
    lizzy0891

Answer by lizzy0891 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i was 8 weeks and my baby looked like a lil peanut....in my u/syou couldsee te sac and the baby....so idk....maybe you arent that far along....id talk to your doc
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had the same thing happen to me. The docs gave me 2 wks to self miscarry. But the 2 wks came and went, so they had to do a suction D&C. They basically remove the sac for you. It didn't hurt, and I had a light period after(they put you under for this procedure, like a day surgery). I think when this happens, it's kinda like your body prepared itself to be preggers, but the egg and sperm didn't feritlize, so you are left with a sac. But I'm really not sure exactly how this happens. I was able to get preggers again with no problem at all.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 5:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It depends on how far along you should be. It could just be too soon.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well see it my sis in law who going throu this and she wanted me to ask bout it were using the same doc and he told me i had a misscarrge but im steel get the signs of being pre and he told me it was nothing and i ask him if it could be the tonix or whatever from the baby he told me know so we dont know what going on. and he gave her bout 5 ultersound all ready and it showing nothing but a sack
    lizzy0891

Answer by lizzy0891 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It means you are not far enough along to see anything else. They were gonna give me a shot to pass the sack, did one more ultrasound and there she was! If the ultrasound tech said they didn't see anything but a sack they are just telling you what they see, they aren't doctors or radiologists. They cannot diagnose. If the doctor hasn't said anything to you I would relax.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• it could be a blighted ovum or i could be too early. i was supposed to be 8 weeks and i was only at 5 weeks on the u/s they gave me 2 weeks to come back and repeat the u/s nd now i have a happy 2 yr old boy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009