I am asking for advise on infant caries or tooth decay in toddlers.

My daughter is 20 months and does the majority of her nursing at night. She is a twin and have developed tooth decay in her upper teeth. My son, her twin do not have any decay. Im so sad, How do I help her without stopping my nurslings from nursing? What do I do to protect her teeth?

Suned38

Asked by Suned38 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• After the nursing you should give her a bottle of water, or clean/brush her teeth. Even if it interupts her going back to sleep, it should help with the teeth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• *Ususally* dental caries are prevented by nursing rather than caused by it. I take it you're brushing her teeth? Is she getting any juice during the day? That can cause much more severe problems than breastmilk will.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Please read this post: http://www.cafemom.com/group/25400/forums/read/9587878/My_Letter_to_the_Today_Show_PIOG
    You might find it very helpful.
    Aeterna

Answer by Aeterna at 6:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009