stepson

my step son is 10 yrs old and for the past months he has been lying to me these are stupid little lies nothing bad but now its getting to the point where he is always telling lies when i already know the truth. i have talked to him about his lying and how lies can hurt him in the long run, an now he has his little sister lying now she is 7 yrs old. i have tried taking toys away and no going anywhere and no games once so ever, i have also tried sitting him down and making him write sentences and still nothing works. what can i do?

lilcalimom02

Asked by lilcalimom02 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• ride it out and stay consistant kids go through faces where they test limits lies are one of them also always make a situation better if he tells the truth like if he hits his sister and tells you the truth yes i hit my sister than time out is 5 minutes but if he hits his sister adn lies about it time out is 10 minutes help him to realize the consequences are always less severe when you tell teh truth
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree with Katie..I suggest consistency above all .Consequences match the "crime"Picking battles and validating his truths. Just stay on him hopefully it will pass if not combined with other issues that are out of the norm .Good Luck!!
    aarod23sgal

Answer by aarod23sgal at 7:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009