Financial assistance for daycare?

The only head start in my area only accepts 3 to 5 year old..I dont know what to do I need to make a living and if I go to work i will literaly be paying fr daycare with pretty much my whole payheck everyweek 1200 a month 900 dollars a month for daycare I knowthat I would be eligible for it I mean I make 1200 a month!!! But how? who does it? Were do I go?

zoeilyy

Asked by zoeilyy at 6:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Google "financial assistance for daycare (enter your state)". This should be a good start.
    & check out this federal Dept of Health and Human Services site.  It's the federal site that lays out the basic program. You have to go through your state though to get assistance.

I just started a blog about being poor & pregnant (like me) and the process. I think I'll add this in. My children don't go to daycare, but if they did I would undoubtedly need assistance!

www.poorpregnantagain.blogspot.com
    poorpregnant

Answer by poorpregnant at 8:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I use to work for a church daycare that had scholarships for low income families
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Check out how to apply for daycare vouchers in your area.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Chech into DSHS for child care programs. If you are low income and you qualify for medical coupons you should qualify for day care also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Go to your local public assistance office and apply. I was making close to $2000 a month and still was getting partial child care assistance, otherwise, I would have been paying over $800 a month just for childcare.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009