Can you pray for the Texas districts to stop the discrimination?

I am Jewish and I do not want my child studying ANY religion in public schools. Thats what your church is for. Why are they forcing students to study a religion in public schools?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They're not forced - they can't do that. It's an optional class. Schools in west Texas have been offering a Bible class for a while now.

And I don't pray, so can't help ya there either.

BUT, I agree --- religion is schools should be absent or should cover ALL religions equally.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Isn't the class optional?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• They aren't. The class is optional. But yes I will "pray" they stop the discrimination.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I will pray that any school stops the discrimination against the Christians.
    It is about time that this Nation's foundation be taught, discussd and practiced again.
    For many years now the other religions have been filling the minds of the children and even adults.
    God says it is His time to be heard again.
    If your kids are so offeneded with it or you are.....have them go to study hall so the other kids can learn some reality in life.
    I am believing that ALL the schools will be required to put the Bible back in the hands of people.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Did she just insult the Jewish OP?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• BB I am just as much of an American as you. My children deserve to go to school and not have religion forced on them. Why do you have to be insulting to my heritage?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Answered at 3:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Did she just insult the Jewish OP?
    ~~~
    Nope. I am Jewish both by bloodline and the graphting in by Jesus Christ.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sorry bb, that would NEVER fly up here. NEVER. You may have the bible in schools in the bible-belt, but the rest of the country is not so close-minded as to pick one religion to teach their kids and leave out the rest.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• :57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 by: Anonymous
    BB I am just as much of an American as you. My children deserve to go to school and not have religion forced on them. Why do you have to be insulting to my heritage?
    ~~~
    How were you insulted?
    I said if it offends you and your kids have them go to study hall for that time period.
    I am Jewish by bloodline and also through my salvation in Jesus Christ.
    If I truly did hurt you or offend you I am sorry...that was not my intention.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 2009 by: metalcowgirl34
    Sorry bb, that would NEVER fly up here. NEVER. You may have the bible in schools in the bible-belt, but the rest of the country is not so close-minded as to pick one religion to teach their kids and leave out the rest.
    ~~~
    You have no idea where I live.
    However, I do believe the PS system even way up here will soon get the same announcement.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009