For mom's with tween and teen boys: When your son started being interested in sex or started having sex what were your feelings?

I don't need a lecture on the concept or anything(how it's normal, or to have the talk, or how to handle him etc). I guess I just thought I had a little more time. I guess I have a ton of weird and awkward feelings that I didn't expect to have. I always thought I would react differently. I just want to know how other mom's felt when it happened to them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• My experience sounds similair to yours.My oldest son is 17 in a relationship for 1 year against my better judgement I would rather him not feel like this is his forever love not because she is not the 'right' girl' because he is 17! although i had a 3 year realtionshipo at that time ,I am grateful he was not who I married and had kids with.I do struggle with my son being a sexual being ,natural as it is he is my 1st baby and it is hard.I am coming to grips with it but it is no doubt one of the harder things to deal with amongst many other emotional ups and downs of being a mom and wife..He is a good boy we have had the talk more then a few times he knows my feeling and expectations and hopes for him before and after her. Now I just get to trust he cares and respects himself enough to do what he feels is right for him and his future with or without a SO.
    Somedays are better then others .SUCH AS LIFE! feel free to talk .2 me
    aarod23sgal

Answer by aarod23sgal at 7:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Boys as young as 9 years old start puberty. Don't wait until you think he is having feelings, he probably already does. My son is 13, he has feelings but no interest in girls (or boys for that matter), that he has told me. It really isn't something I am going to come out and ask him about. The sooner you deal with it, the easier it will be to raise a tween or teen boy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Hello? Did you read my post? I was asking for others feelings not how to have the talk...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009