How do you get your 4 month old child to go and stay asleep without being swaddled?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try using blanket rolled up on either side of the baby, or one of the things that you use to keep baby "in place" it feels similar to being swaddled to them. :-)
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• With my son we just kept swaddeling until he didn't like it anymore... which was about 5 months old. He wouldn't sleep any other way at the time and we bought these things online called Woombies because otherwise he would break out of his swaddle and wake up. The woombies worked well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• When My Daughter Was That Age She Did Not Like Being Swaddled. I Either put her in her swing for a little bit till she fell and then layed her down. Or I would just lay down and she would lay on my chest and she would fall asleep to a lite rocking movement
    MommyOct.31

Answer by MommyOct.31 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• With my first son he LOVED to be swaddled so when he was i think 5 or 6 mths it was just getting too hard to swaddle him so first i left one arm un tucked, did that for awhile, then i left the other arm un tucked so he was pretty much just wrapped tight around his tummy and legs. He gradually got use to being not swaddled it just took a little step by step work.
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2009