Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unplanned Pregnancy, I need advice and help.

I got pregnant accidently. I just moved into goverment housing & have no furniture even for myself. I recently had surgery & can't work. My husband works for minimum wage full time. But we can barely afford food for ourselves. I did bugeting and we most likely can't afford a baby (if we could it would just be skimming the edges). But we both agreed we don't want to give it up. And I don't have health insurance! Does anyone have any places I could go that would give me free diapers & formula. Does any one have any advice on babies? Does anyone know how am I supose to afford the delivery and doctor visits? Or any this else that can help me?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (10)
  • Do you have a community service office you can call? You should look into your department of social and health services, because by the sound of it you are low income, you could get medical coverage and other assistance. You should look into it as soon as possible though, because you will need to get into visit a doctor sooner rather than later!

    Answer by Tiera12 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • Wic for formula, Medicaid and churches give free diapers


    Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • Find a Planned Parenthood near you, they'll help with formula, diapers, clothes....etc. Also, sign up for free samples of stuff online. Just type in free baby samples or something along those lines. Do you go to Food Pantry's to get food for you and your husband? You could probably get on WIC to and Medicaid.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • Barely afford food but you have the internet.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • OMG, you don't even know if she has the internet! She could be at a friends or the library for all you know and who cares!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • I am at my friends parents house.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • For your pregnancy you can go on Medi-cal. Its free for pregnancies. for insurance for your child look into healthy families. They wont accept kids until june 2010 so call now to get on the waiting list. its really cheap, I pay only $12 for full coverage for my son. Its awesome. As far as free diapers and formula I heard the salvation army may be able to help? I have never done it so i am not sure. Thats the only advice I have right now. Good luck!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • i know what ur goin though... ya get ahold of ur local workforces and health department... workforces will help u with foodstamps and income and medical... the heath department should do wic..which by the way is a very awsome program!! they give u formula, eggs milke and things that u need when ur prego! and planned parent hood is a good place to check out too!! good luck!! :)

    Answer by babymama8787 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • if you can, breastfeeding is free. Also WIC helps alot, and DSHS would be more than willing to help with cash and food

    Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • For many answers to your questions go to:

    I'll be updating daily on my journey and including things like EBT, cash assistance and teen pregnancy.
    And, just for the record, I could barely afford food last week (see my first post on my blog), both of my phones are cut off, and we can't afford gas for our car, but I do have computer access. For us right now it's all about the timing of the bills.
    It's difficult to understand a person's situation when one has never experienced it themselves, my mom still can't understand our situation.
    All I can do is work towards making it better and hope that it will!
    Good luck!

    Answer by poorpregnant at 9:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.