When you talk to yourself in your head or think....

Is it your own voice or tone? Or, is it someone else's? I've noticed today that it is always my voice I hear

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's always my voice. And I agree with Tracy. One time I watched the commentary for a long movie (LOTR, I had no life at age 18), and afterwards I couldn't shake one of the actors; voices from my head. My inner monologue was talking in an Irish accent for days!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• lol...i think its ur own voice? I dunno, Im gonna try to remember to pay attention next time...
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It depends on what I am thinking about, if I am thinking about something that I should get "advice" on, I actually hear my dad! LOL
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• lol tiera that is hilarious. Isn't it funny how we change the tones and voices....but we're not crazy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• its usually my voice, unless im making fun of something, if im remembering something its whoever said it i hear..
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My voice as I hear it when I talk- not that silly high-pitched voice others hear. Just to be pedantic, sorry :-)

Oh, and if I try, I can "hear" other people talking to me in my head- imagining... like a favorite actor reading a story or talking to me, or to "hear" a conversation between people I know. But that's slower and more effort, so I usually don't do that.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My voice as I hear it when I talk- not that silly high-pitched voice others hear.
    ___
    This.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Caitxrawks, that is hilarious!! Oh, and I hear my own voice in my head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Good lord... imagine hearing a tone..........or ALOT of tones...like the ones from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.....it would drive me crazy hearing tones....and mess up my inner ear!

I THINK I hear my own voice......let me ask it the question......I'll get back to you on this.....as it is reading the question I just answered typing.....LOL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2009