My brothers girlfriend??

My brother came to me the other day and asked me why his girlfriend of two years won't let him move in. He is there almost every night. Granted they both left their spouses for each other. She has been divorced twice also. I told him truthfully, I think she isn't in this relationship for the long haul. He said she tells him she loves him. I think that can easily be said. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• It's really none of your business. I wouldn't get involved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Could be that she is waiting for a proposal of marriage, a ring, and a date for the wedding, after which she will let him move in. What a novel idea!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Maybe she shouldn't be with him if he is going to run to you with the problems in his lovelife. It's a big red flag you two are way too close. If you really care about your brother's happiness don't get involved anymore than you already have. It wasn't appropriate to say what you've said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If she loves him she would want him to live with her. But maybe she does just enjoy being with someone but wants her own space. My mother-in-law is the same way she falls in love but after being married 4 times she wants her own place and space sometimes where she can tell him to go home. I hope it works out so youre brother doesn't get hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• maybe it is easily said for both since they've been divorced 2 times already
    Anonymous

• I love SO but don't want him living with me. I like living alone. Maybe she does too

Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with you and your brother talking about your problems.
    It could be that she likes her space, could be that she's waiting for a ring, or could be that she's just with him till something better comes along.
    Instead of saying what you said, I'd suggest "I don't know, you should ask her". So that it's not putting you in a bad spot.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2009