Im getting induced next week to have my baby. How long does it usally take to work .

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well i wasn tinduced by choice but boith my labor satll so i got pitiocin my first was 16 hrs second 14 hrs, but i was dialted 4 cm the first time and 3 the second time. so it can be a few hrs to a whole day
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It all depends. I was induced with my first because i had sever pre-eclampsia and i was in labor for almost 12hrs. I was also induced with my 3rd for other medical reasons, but was only in labor for 5hrs. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The time it take for labor (especially with inductions) depends on your bodies readiness to have the baby, your comfort level (with the staff, room, noises, familiarity with the birth process, etc.), and support during labor. Labor can last several hrs to days (but most physicians will tell you to have a c-section by then). Bottom line is, if your body and baby are not ready you will have a c-section. Before you go in for the induction, ask your physician about his/her c-section rates when induced and why he/she thinks this needs to be done. If you are satisfied with his answer, then you will be more comfortable for the delivery.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 8:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was given pitocin to move labor along at 4PM. My son was born at 11:41 PM.

And I would NEVER have pitocin again. I'll labor for a month before I ever get that stuff again. Drug of the devil, I tell you!

Answer by gdiamante at 8:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was 4 cm when I was induced with my son and it took almost 6 hrs til i was in full labor anmd ready to push
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 10:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009