i know that i should absolutely NOT feel this way but i can't help it

I have the most beautiful baby boy that I love dearly, but i really wanted a little girl. I was upset when i found out he was a he but i thought i got over it. the thing is, i feel like less of a mom than people that have daughters. like I don't even compare on the same level. I know this is absurd to think this way, i just can't get over it. PLease help me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get over it. Boys are much easier to raise, especially as teenagers, they are more fun. They like to get messy, wrestle, and are so loving to their mommies. They protect us, stand up for us and love us unconditionally.
    -------
    Have you raised girls? Mine certainly like to get messy, love me unconditionally, and protect me. Who the hell are you to basically imply my kids are less of a blessing simply because they don't have a penis?

OP: This is a normal feeling, and it WILL fade. I have three girls. You're NOT less of a mom because you only have a boy. You could very well have another child and it be a girl. Even if you get all boys, they're still a blessing! You carry them, and birth them. There isn't anything about that, that makes you less of a mother.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• girls are over rated, I am die hard boy lover (though I admit I too wanted a girl at first) boys tend to be more laid back more mellow and easy going and there is always the plus of only having to worry about one penis instead of a thousnad when they get to be teens there is nothing wrong with wanting a girl when your baby is a little older consider adoption foster care of just trying again but i think you'll find the whole girls vs boys thing is just a bunch of hype
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Why do you feel like less of a mom because you have a boy?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I am the mother of three boys, now ages 17, 20 & 26. I am a girly girl, and everyone asks me if I don't wish that I'd had a daughter. The truth is...I have more girls at my house than most people with daughters.....they are always here for the boys. I adore every one of my boys, and can't even imagine how it would have been to have a girl. I'm sure I would have felt the same way if it had been the other way around.

You don't say how old your son is, maybe you have a little postpartum depression. I'd relax and not be so hard on yourself. If you had a beautiful healthy baby of either sex, you're a lucky mom. Relax and enjoy him, I'm sure you'll be fine.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Get over it. Boys are much easier to raise, especially as teenagers, they are more fun. They like to get messy, wrestle, and are so loving to their mommies. They protect us, stand up for us and love us unconditionally. I also wanted a girl but am so verey glad that I have my son, I wouldn't change him for anything, not even a daughter.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• next one could be a girl... be happy with what you have
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Don't feel to bad. Maybe you just think a girl would be easyier to relaet to? I have 2b and 2g and they are each wonderful in a different way
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 10:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

Girls can/all those same things. These posts are insulting to mothers with girls. Actually insulting the girls. Don't you think you're all being a bit general? Every child is unique no matter what gender they are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I pretty much cried myself into a coma. When I found out my baby, now 7yrs,was a boy. But a year later I had a girl lol boys are easier! I have 3 boys and only 1 girl,thank god lol. U can connect with your son as much as you would if he were a girl hun. Don't beat yourself up over it
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I love having a girl. I don't know what I would do with a little boy. BUT if I had a little boy, I'd probably love having it just as much as having a girl. Each child is unique.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009