Pennies

I have hundredz should i throw them out? what can i do with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you really thinking of throwing your money away,if,you don't want them,you can always donate them to a charity,also,you can give them to your kids and this will teach them how to save money. We all have our own penny and change container. I also let my grands save cans,last year I told them whatever they get for the cans,I would match,of course they didn't get much,but we had an awesome time at Disney-World. Teaching your kids the importance of saving while their young will go a long way in their future.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• COINSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That could be a vaction.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Take them to the bank or a coinstar machine. I don't understand how someone can throw money away. Maybe its because I was raised very poor. Pennies make dollars...enough pennys makes significant dollars.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• really? i just filled up my car on my change!!! i roll it and either use it at the store, or turn it into coinstar(try not to use that because it cost!!!)...but seriously..you would throw away pennies?!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i agree with previous posters in fact coinstar is now waiving the cash out fee if you transfer your balance to a gift card with one of their partners (ie amazon etc) but if you are a member of a bank they will cash out changef or free
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• ARE YOU KIDDING? THROW THEM OUT? Don't you realize that for every 100 of those pennies, you have $1? I took in a bunch of change yesterday to Harris Teeter. I did the coinstar thing. I got a ticket for $18.27. The little bit of groceries I needed was $30. I paid for all but $12.73 of my bill with coins. If you want to throw them out, let me know. You can send them to me!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I save my change, then cash it in every year before the holidays for Amazon giftcards and use that to buy small presents for my kids. It makes the stocking stuffers pretty painless financially then.

If you don't want the money from your pennies, many Coinstar machines will let you donate the money to charity as well - http://www.coinstar.com/us/html/A2
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• throw them away.. ARE YOU NUTS!!
    WE TOOK OUR CHANGE TO A COINSTAR AND GOT $80, AND INSTEAD OF PAYING COINSTAR 7.5 CENTS PER A DOLLAR WE WERE ABLE TO GET A AMAZON CERT AT THE FULL $80. BY GETTING A CERT FOR AMAZON YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY THEM.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The older, pure copper pennies, are worth at least 1.5 cents.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i dont think anyone is stupid enough to throw their money away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009