Why is it that when the Word of God is brought up........?

I don't know why I am still surprized when pwoplw freak out over the Word of God.
Did you notice all the panic?

Does it not show that the Word of God is still powerful?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 7:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes the truth hurts! No one wants to hear and accept what God actually says. People don't like to think that they can be wrong in their opinions.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 3:13 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I see no panic here. Must just be you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree...I see nobody freaking out.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Depends on the reason his name is brought up, I mean if you are asking a question that says do you believe in god or say something like god is not real, ppl freak out but I guess I am not sure what context you mean.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No panic here in this post yet; but are you going to deny all the panic in the other posts concerning this ELECTIVE study?
    I am not paniced...although I did spell people wrong in the question.
    I am rejoicing in what the Lord is doing in the good old USA.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I didn't see panic, just concern that a state school system was going to force students to study ONE religion. Hey I have no problem with world religions being taught as long as it doesn't give preference to one over the other. I have no problem with religious classes as an elective but I would like to see other religions represented as well.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Answered at 4:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 by: pnwmom
    I didn't see panic, just concern that a state school system was going to force students to study ONE religion.
    ~~~
    IT IS AN ELECTIVE......for pity sake.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Read the rest of my answer, you'll see where I said I have no problem with it as an elective. Wait, that may be my bad, I may have not made that clear. I am not that great with the point I am trying to make sometimes LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• As a christian I dont know that I see panic, the word of god is powerful to those who chose to believe in but for those who dont it is simply a nuissance the same way having the koran or torah taught in public school would be irrtating to a christian but you wouldnt be panicking
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It is not panic. It is a concern over how it is going to be treated. Kind of like the sex education thing. It is a personal thing and while it can be taught in school with out crossing any lines it is a thin line to walk. So people are going to watch it carefully.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009