Has anyone one here ever had an abortion. How did you feel about it?

There have been several posts and I just wanted to hear from anyone who has had one and feels comfortable sharing their story.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• i had a friend who did and she was never the same she said she is constantly haunted by her unborn child the what if and what could have beens it was not a positive experience for her
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No one wakes up and says: gee, I think I will have an abortion today.
    I have several friends who have had them, for various reasons; no one has been scarred.
    When I was faced with an unplanned pregnancy, I had every intention of having an abortion. After 15 minutes with the counselor at Planned Parenthood, I knew that having an abortion was not the right decision for me. I can honestly say that if the choice was not there for me, I would have committed suicide. The availability of safe and legal abortion saved my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had an abortion, a miscarriage, a baby and a partridge in a pear tree. The abortion was the easiest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my sister had one, it broke my heart. I can't talk to anyone about it. The pro-lifers call her a sinner and a whore. The pro-choicers say its not my body of my choice- respect her decision. I can't help it... Im so sad, I thought her first pregnancy would be so special, I'd help her with everything, answer all her questions, support her during labor, and babysit for her. I even offered to adopt the baby. I still love my little sister so much but I can't forget about that little baby. I have nightmares and see the little one being ripped apart.......no one ever relizes that an abortion effects the whole family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No regrets whatsoever. I was 19 and leaving for boot camp in a few months. I don't even think about it 16 years later. I am grateful to have had the choice. Only a few people know about it, including my husband who has never judged me for my past.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009