How do you....? Please help! I am about to cry!

How do you sleep at night? I am 20 weeks pregnant and I literally pee ten times a night. The problem is I cant get comfortable at all and I get so frustrated that I want to cry. I am also getting up at around 3:30am because I am starving but I dont want to eat anything heavy so what would you suggest. Pregnancy is hard at times especially since this is my first!

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 7:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah there is really not much that I can tell you! The hunger will eventually go away by the 3rd trimester. Make sure what you eat is healthy like maybe a bowl of healthy cereal so that way you will stay full. The pee problem will always be there. Try not to drink anything about 2hours before you go to bed. Empty your bladder before you go to bed. I had to sleep inclined to stay cumfy at night.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You just have to get used to getting up to pee, look at it as practice for getting up with the baby. I used to eat toast in the middle of the night or a peanut butter and jelly. As for getting comfy, I used to lay on my side and bring my opposite leg up high so it almost took the weight of my stomach and onto that knee. Almost like I was pretending there was a body pillow under my leg. Also, that is something you might want, a body pillow.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Try adding a nap during your lunch break, Get some pillows to give you support, body pillow work great. Also try different sleep places, the couch was comfortable for a while for me. Try eating some protein and complex carbohydrates an hour or two before bed to help you not be hungry, and if you still are waking up keep some crackers or your favorite fruit near the bed so you don't have to get up. And if you need to cry, it helps to get it out.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Try to drink the majority of your daily water or fluids in the morning so you can cut back drinking anything before bed. As for being hungry, when you eat proteins it will sustain your hunger longer so try to have a higher protein meal for dinner and then a higher protein snack before bed. this should help you out. Unfortunately peeing alot is a down side to pregnanacy and so is being hungry. Hang in there you are half way home.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Eating proteins before sleep (and throughout the night) is helpful. Especially things like almonds, and walnuts are great. I kept almonds with me everywhere.
    For the discomfort with sleeping I had hubby buy me a body pillow. And when I rested my belly on it I finally could sleep. Also, try to fit in naps in the daytime, because it seems as though your body is trying to condition you to multi-waking nights.
    And remember that crying actually releases a hormone that is similar to morphine in make-up...and for this reason you feel relief after a nice cry. It is okay to cry, it'll actually end up giving you (and baby) a little ellivation in your energy and emotional uplift.

Keep doing a great job with growing you babe!
    BearlyXen

Answer by BearlyXen at 8:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Try not to drink too much water at the end of the day (try to drink what you can early). Pee before bed (though I know that can only help so much!). See if you can find a good body pillow, or one of those pregnancy sleep pillows. Those can be a Godsend. I'm a stomach sleeper, and I would wedge my stomach between the mattress and the body pillow, and throw my leg and arm over the body pillow, and I managed to sleep on my tummy til my water broke! I agree about the naps, they can be a lifesaver. You'll really love them in your third trimester.
    You can also try having your hubby give you a massage before bed to help you relax a bit.
    Hang in there!! It will all be worth it! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2009