what age did you start school?

preschool or kindergarten or both?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 5 first grade, my brother was only a year older and i learned everything from him so when i started kindergarten they tested me and i skipped kindegarten and went straight to 1st grade.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was 4 in kindergarten. My mom had to go to work so they tested me, I did well enough so they let me in.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was 3 in 1972...ALL DAY preschool for me-something like 7AM-6PM!!! My single mother had to work.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 3 in preschool.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 2 in preschool, 4 in kindergarten, i was too young socially even if i could do the work.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• In the early days,you started school early, so I started kindergarten at 41/2,my daughters which were born in the early 70s,also started at 41/2. No test given.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was seven years old did not go to kindergarten
    annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 8:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was 4 in preschool, 5 in kindergarten. My birthday is in July, so I always turned a year older before the start of the new year. My daughter will be 6 when she starts because she was born in December. In NC the cutoff date is October 16th.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i was 5 when i started kindergarden.. i could read at 4, but i had serious seperation anxiety. my mom couldnt leave me there i was freaking out. she ended up homeschooling me and my brother she hated the public school system. i will probably wait till my boys are 6 to put them in school
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• In my day there was no preschool, you started at 4.5-5 and kindergarten was much like preschool, at least accademically. I had just turned 5.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009