Have you ever put a baby up for adoption?

If any of you have, what were your reasons if you don't mind me asking. I have a friend who is a pregnant teen and she is thinking about adopting it to a loving family. Do you regret giving it up for adoption? What are the pros and cons?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was a pregnant teen, but I did not give my DD up. I never even thought about it, and my dad told me flat out it wasnt an option. I have never regreted keeping her, but I would have regreted giving her up.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have not, but I have not had a reason to. However, I know families who adopted (for one reason or another) and are so grateful to the mother, for giving them their child.

If the mother cannot take care of the child and has no support, then the child might be better off with another family. It all depends on her circumstances and how she feels about this baby.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 8:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• no and im really thankful to God when i asked for a baby i got one,but i know people that want babies so bad and cant concieve its really sad,i just couldnt go to sleep knowing someone else had my baby.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• very tough question i think. i am a huge believer though and if she is too alll i can think to suggest is to pray and put it all in god's hands
    mirtha_renteria

Answer by mirtha_renteria at 8:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes, I was very young. This was 16 years ago, so things were a bit different then. I did place her for adoption with a nice family. I get pictures, letters, and updates every year. It will be the hardest thing she will ever do! Just tell your friend to make sure she is doing it because SHE wants to...it is ONLY her decision no matter what her age is. I was 13...she was from rape. I do not thing simply financial reasons are enough to put a child up for adoption. You can get out of being "poor". There is public assistance...WIC, foodstamps, etc. to help get on her feet. Then she can get a job and contribute. Maybe her parents will help....so she can continue/finish/start school...whatever applies there? I wish her well. How old is your friend?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Giving a child up for adoption is the ultimate act of love. When someone without the resources to give a child the best life possible gives that child up, three lives are enriched.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I am the anonymous poster that placed when she was 13. I see you also asked another questions about financial assistance. I also see she is 19. There is WIC, foodstamps, Medicaid....Contact your State Department of Human Services. They will give you more information and help her. If she wants to keep her baby....SHE SHOULD! There is plenty of financial support to help her out until her situation gets better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes I surrendered my son for adoption and it was and is the most painful thing I have ever felt.Everyday there is the most amazing pain.I have gone on with my life...grad. from college,married had more children.The pain is in my life everyday.The thing is this is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.Most ,not all, natural moms are never happy with the decision to surrender and live with pain.Anom 24 how are 3 lives enriched?O.P.I suggest you and your friend visit the adoption answer section and several cafemom birthmom groups to get perspective on what is ahead of her.There are some moms that are at peace with their decisions and rarer still there are those that were glad to surrender.There is a large 9oo member birthmom group that is quite active.Also she neds to get counsling not from any adoption affliated group so she will have a clearer head about what she feels.I wish her well.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 10:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I mentioned this in your other post, but crisis pregnancy centers will counsel you about adoption and can probably get you in touch, face to face, with people in your community who have been in that situation.

www.poorpregnantagain.blogspot.com
    poorpregnant

Answer by poorpregnant at 9:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009