Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Financial aid for single pregnant teens?

I have a friend who is 19, single and pregnant, I am wondering what kind of financial help there is for her.... THANKS! Can she get child support from the father?

Answer Question

Asked by nakoal87 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 9 (273 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I don't know about child support. but you can get financial aid when your under 21 only when you have a baby or are married. but different rules apply in different states.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • She can and should file for child support

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • In my state anyway if you get financial help from the gov't they require you provide info about the father because they go after him for support.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • I posted some info under your other question regarding adoption. Check out the info there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • tell her to contact the department of health and human services.

    Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN