How bad is it to move at 38 weeks pregnant?

Me and my husband are moving within the next two weeks. I'm going to be approximately 38 weeks pregnant. I have absolutely nothing packed and we still need to find a storage rental for all of our extra stuff. Has anybody ever moved so far along in their pregnancy? How bad was it? Do you think it's easier to move pregnant than to move with a newborn??

smoden1

Asked by smoden1 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• omg girl u are cazy u can pop at any minute...moving is hard and even harder when ur preggo i would never do it....is this ur first child???
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 8:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Find LOTS of help!!! Have friends/family help you guys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I moved when I was 35 weeks pregnant. I just did a little at a time. I would have my husband put everything with reach of where I was sitting then I would wrap it and pack it. Then when it came to the heavy lifting we had family help us with that. On move in Day I went to the new place and directed where everything went. I sat alot and had to take alot of breaks, but I got it done little by litte. And those nights when I couldnt sleep I would pack.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have a close friend who moved when she was about that pregnant, by herself because her husband was out to sea. She had some assistance moving the furniture, heavy lifting, etc. but she did all the packing and unpacking by herself. She's crazy though. : )
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'd say that moving pregnant is def easier than moving with a newborn if you don't have a lot of help. If you have someone to hold the baby while you do things then waiting until the baby is born would be easier. Anyway, if you end up having to move while pregnant then DEF take it easy. Do a little at a time and recruit all the help you can get. :-)
    MamaApril2

Answer by MamaApril2 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Moving pregnant is easier!! It's impossible with a baby, and you'll be exhausted, because you won't be getting much sleep. Plus, you'll be trying to recover... I say, move now. Recruit LOTS of help, and don't lift anything heavy. Listen to your body. Put your feet up at the end of the day (and recruit your hubby for a good foot massage.... return the favor if you must!). Try to take it as easy as you can; focus on the packing/unpacking of boxes, not the lifting and carrying. Keep the boxes you're working on at a good height, so you're not bending too much. Drink PLENTY of water, and keep healthy snacks within reach. Get started with the packing NOW!!!!! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2009