Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can a single pregnant teen do about finding financial support?

Answer Question

Asked by nakoal87 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 9 (273 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • depends on what kind of support you need-are you needing financial help with school or with finances?

    Answer by SThompson21 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • finances

    Answer by nakoal87 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • don't really know your situation but how about filing for child support also if you r not with the daddy, any little bit helps

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • If,you are still in school,you can ask your counselor,also ask your nurse at your clinic ,they have all types of resources,please don't let your pride get in the way of asking for help. If,you are in school,please finish. I wish you the best,and hope you find the support you need.


    Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • contact your county's department of health and human services. they can get you and baby on medicaid that will pay for all medical bills and even the birth! i recommend using a CNM (certified nurse midwife) as I had a great experience. I was 18 when I got pregnanct (though I was married).
    Also, they can get you on WIC which will give you some food and once baby is born provide formula and such. also, they will provide info on other services, including child care should you need it. as far as baby clothes, use, the goodwill, and once upon a child for cheap clothes. if you need it, there are also food stamps (helpful if you are supporting yourself on your own and can work minimally due to having a child.) hopefully you have a good support system, too. good luck.

    Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • Look into state assistance (welfare) and WIC. WIC won't give you money, but they will give you food checks, which will save you over $100 a month in groceries. If you plan to nurse, you will still get food, too, for the first year!! You can also look into food stamps.

    Answer by musicpisces at 1:19 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Please come to my blog:

    You can get assistance medically, nutritionally (WIC is a fantastic program), EBT is the new "food stamps".

    If you need emotional assistance because you feel alone and scared a good place to start is a crisis pregnancy house. They are usually Christian oriented so if that is not a turnoff know that the people in such places are there to console you, counsel you, support you emotionally through your pregnancy. They obviously do not counsel on termination. They have parenting classes, breastfeeding help, etc. They also often have goods for free including: maternity clothes, baby clothes and gear and some formula. Such organizations are often run by donation only so what is available will change. Everything is very discreet, of course.

    The other thing I would do is watch Juno!

    Good luck!

    If you tell me where you live I can help locate assistance.

    Answer by poorpregnant at 9:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.