why cant you

eat fish i really want some stuff my hubby made but it has fish in it!is it all fish or some??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can in moderation.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Because of the mercury content. Mercury is a neurotoxin that can affect the development of your baby's brain. There are some types of fish that are lower in mercury...I don't remember which ones specifically, but I would stay away all together. It's not worth the risk.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 8:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• it depends on what kind of fish it is some have more mercury in it then others i asked my doc he said to be safe to just not eat anything with mercury in it that way i wont have no worries
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 8:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I've been eating tuna, tilapia, salmon.....depends what kind of fish it is though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You can have low-mercury fish in moderation (like the pp listed). No swordfish, king mackrel... check babycenter.com, they have a list!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You can eat fish twice a week, but just avoid shark, mackerel, swordfish, and tilefish. The omega-3s in fish are actually great for you! The problem with fish is the mercury levels. The reason those fish tend to have higher levels is because they eat other fish, which have mercury. The mercury level builds up over time in the bigger fish from eating smaller fish, and mercury poisoning is especially dangerous to a pregnant mommy and her fetus. But you can enjoy the others!!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2009