am I selfish?!?!

ok so here is the deal, my husband is laid off as of last week he started to have all three children home. I am working, go in at 8a-2p. I come home everyday to a trashed house, he is so messy he doesn't even pick the food plates off the table!! I mean breakfast and lunch are both on the table. Sink is full of dishes, floors messy, kids running around in there underwear..they are 8 & 5! Baby somedays still in her jammies and pretty much in the house all day. He cares for the kids and makes sure they eat. But my problem is that come on dude!! you can't clean the table or at least wash the dishes?!?! Now I know with three it may be hard to clean but even when he just had the baby home he still didn't clean. I ask him to help me when I get home from work but he doesn't unless I bitch and complain. I have told him I don't care if nothing gets done while I am at work but at least take the children out. Am I being a bitch?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, the roles in your house have reversed a bit and hubby needs to step up to the plate. Leave him a chore list and see if anything happens. Make a schedule for the kids, lay clothes out for them to wear every day and tell him the kids need to get dressed. Ask him to, if nothing else, stack the dishes and keep the table wiped off. Your older kids are old enough to pick up their toys and put them away, so leave that on a chore list too. Good luck, and if that doesnt work, give him a swift kick in the rear.....(just kidding)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 8:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• NO, It sounds like the oldest is old enough to help with some cleaning too!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No,but,don't just start with your DH at 8 and 5,your kids should know how to wash off and put clothes on,they should also know how to remove their plates off the tables,before your DH got laid off,who was home with the kids,if,you were,did you teach them chores. There is no way an 8 yr. old boy want to walk around in undies.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No way you're not! If YOU were the one staying home he would expect you to clean up the house and take of the kids. Men are so stupid about this they think that just bc they have kids nothing else can be done. What they fail to realize is that some how we take care of kids AND clean the house daily and usually go to work!
    charmse

Answer by charmse at 9:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Women are expected to keep the house clean. He can keep it clean too. You hubby needs a quarter so he can buy a clue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Hell no girl . I'd be kicking his ass!
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 9:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• before he got laid off the boys were in daycare, then he got laid off and was home with just the baby until the Aug.1,09. So I have never been a stay at home mom. I do agree my boys need to learn chores! that is both of our faults. as far as them getting dressed, they know how. They just choose to walk around in underwear all day, I HATE IT!!. I tell them all the time to get dressed when I am here. thanks for everyones imput. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a bitch, like I am called when I do bitch. I will work on getting the boys to help more too.
    ps..I will give him a quarter, but he would just spend it on beer...
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2009