9 1/2 Month Old What Can She Have...

To Eat Like Finger foods. I Have gave her those graduates puffs and she eats those fine. I want to give her some fruits like cut up apples but have a a horrible fear that shes going to choke to death so i keep her to her easy mushy baby food. What Should I Give her first that she wont choke on?? Cause I See Babys Her age eating french fries and stuff???

MommyOct.31

Asked by MommyOct.31 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't do apples, they're kind of hard. But other soft fruits, peaches, pears, avacado, bananas, ect. my LO started eating little bits of pizza around then, you can give her shredded cheese rolled into balls. My LO likes sliced bananas dipped in pancake batter (just cook them like a pancake). a piece of bread with melted cheese on top, cut up. get creative, generally if you can mash it between your tounge and the roof of your mouth, she can handle it
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• mine is about that age and i give her just about everything table food. she stopped eating all babyfood when she started to mash things with her gums. if im worried about the hardness of something i.e. apples i just cut them up really small. the only thing i wont feed her because of choking is chips. basically its a comfort thing thing if you feel comfortable with it go for it if not then dont. but harder stuff like apple and so on just cut up small.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• meditarian oranges(there soft and can be cut up)spigetti noodles,my baby loves those.soft coockies,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My 9 month old eats pretty much everything we eat, only cut up. He has a hard time with hard stuff, like raw apples so that has to be really small. For supper tonight we had tacos - I didn't give him any meat but melted some cheese on a tortilla and then tore it up for him, gave him some diced tomatoes, and for dessert we had strawberries.
    Certain foods are considered to be more likely to cause allergies before age 1 - you should be able to find a list of those online, but I don't have any allergies in my family and I have 3 older children so I've gone ahead with all foods (except nuts and honey)

Answer by missanc at 9:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• no french fries! but anything you can mash with your toungue and the top of your mouth that has no added sugar or salt or anything
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 12:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009