Is similac keeping my 6 week old constipated?

He drinks the powdered similac and I can't get him to have a bowel movement unless I give him suppositiories. I breastfed my first ds and he had constipation problems too, so I don't know if its genes or the similac. I know they have soy, and I have some but it smells so horrid I'd hate to have to do that to him. He is also very fussy too. Is there anything that could help him?

babygirl9304627

Asked by babygirl9304627 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do me a favor- switch to good start... my dd had the same problem and her doctor kept telling me as long as she is pooping once a week she is fine. YEAH I DONT THINK SO. We got her on good start and she started going every morning around the same time and had no troubles at all. She was so regular I knew when it was coming. Try it for your babys comfort.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 8:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Just Give Him Some Karo With A bottle Of Water. That Should Help Him Alot!! It Works On My Friends Baby Because She Had The Same Problem.
    MommyOct.31

Answer by MommyOct.31 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i had the same prob with simlac i switch to infamil got the edvise from are ped
    ashora

Answer by ashora at 4:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2009