Adding another child

For those of you that are parents to 3 or 4 children, how did you decide to stop at 3? Go on to 4?

DH and I are putting serious thought into whether we want to stop at the three we have, or have another child. I have heard from several people in my family that going from 2 to 3 is the hardest, and that 3 to 4 isnt a big deal. But, those are the same people that have 5, 6 and 9 children. I dont want a family THAT large.

Pros/Cons to having that 4th? Is it really that much different financially? Any advice is appreciated.

dinkrea

Asked by dinkrea at 8:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• we are four in our family it's great! 2b and 2 g
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 8:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We have a large family, but for you two it will be a question of how many you want, the time you have to give them the things you want them to have, the number is not the issue, if you have these children from your heart they will never be too much work... each will bring a unique value to you and your family... four is a good number but we have adopted 5 adding to our own 4, so 9 is a good number for us... enjoy every day...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 10:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009