Foot stomping in 4 year old. Is it damaging to feet?

Hi everyone,

My four year old son stomps his feet really hard whenever he has a tantrum which unfortunately is a lot these days. I am concerned about the bones in his feet. I did a google search but was unable to find info on this. Does anyone here know if he could seriously injur his own feet by stomping. Since his bones are forming and growing I am highly concerned. I am trying to get him out of this horrible habbit but it seems slow going. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If it were dangerous everyone of us would grow up having flat feet! I dont think I've seen a toddler or preschooler who doesnt do this.Why dont you just call your doctor& ask?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Currently without insurance since my husband was laid off last week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It is not going to damage his feet. Every child stomps their feet in frustration and anger, it's normal and not going to hurt him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2009